You can ask me any question about HL7 standards (or HL7 itself). I’ll answer them as best as I am able to on the blog. You don’t have to provide name or email if you don’t want. I don’t guarantee to answer any question.
Why ask me?
I have practical experience in HL7 v2, CDA, and v3. I’ve implemented interfaces, applications, HL7 tooling, written specifications, standards, chaired key HL7 infrastructural committees, given HL7 tutorials, and consulted to major national programs. I’ve worked in a hospital, and medical research, and I have a clinical science qualification. I’ve developed for Win32, Java, and DotNet, and I’ve used a variety of databases (I like having my fingers in lots of pies). So I can probably help.
- What are the 3 things you should know when working with the HL7 standards?
- If a v3 datatype has a nullFlavor, what other properties can have a value?
- Do ADT^A11 msgs cancel/discharge all messages for an acct?
- Any good books about HL7?
- How do I represent end of lines in text content in HL7 v2?
- Why do I need an HL7 license? How do I get one?
- How should I store a CDA document in a database?
- v2 CX vs v3 OID
- What CDA documentation assistance is there?